Let’s discuss each of these in detail:
Description. workother is a marketplace that connects businesses to freelance specialists and agencies. In case you didn’t know already, Elance and workother are now the same platform, following the merger between Elance and oDesk.
How does it work? The hiring process on workother is pretty simple: simply post a job and wait for freelancers to place their bids. In case you know exactly who you need, you can also invite certain known freelancers to bid personally. Once the applications are in, you can start the vetting process and review the skills, experience, profile strength, or hourly rates of the applicants on offer. To hire a developer, simply award the job to the chosen bidder.
- Detailed freelancer profiles. These include information about previous experience, job history, reviews, portfolio, independent skill tests, and overall job success rating.
- In-built communication and reporting (time tracking with screen captures) tools and payments.
- Fixed project and hourly job postings.
Description: Toptal s another freelance marketplace that is worthy of our attention. The website offers access to the creme de la creme of freelance software developers and designers (the company claims to accept only the top 3% of the professionals who apply to join the platform).
How does it work? You submit a job description and your requirements. The internal team at Toptal then handles the hiring process by matching you with the qualified freelancers they have on file.
- Rigorous screening process: the website features only the best, pre-selected freelancers.
- Completely free of charge.
- Risk-free trial period for every project (20 hours).
Offshore Developer Rates Guide
Get outsourcing rates in Eastern Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa as well as tips on how to choose the country for offshore development.DOWNLOAD MY GUIDE
Description: Gun.io relies on an algorithm-based staffing methodology to find the perfect candidates for every project. The platform currently has 25,000+ pre-screened freelancers “on the bench”.
How does it work? Gun.io takes a slightly different approach to hiring software developers. The team acts as a virtual staffing agency, connecting businesses to available freelancers in their network. It also offers the possibility to hire complete development teams. The company also has provisions for taking care of project management, namely by staffing every team with a project leader.
- Community-based staffing: the company has an active community of freelancers on Slack and can instantly connect you with pre-screened candidates.
- Extensive candidate screening.
- Flexible pricing, sprint-based service payments.
Description: Crew is a staffing platform that connects businesses with hand-picked freelancers within 24 hours.
How does it work? The hiring process is handled by the internal team at Crew.co. After submitting your project description, the website representatives will contact you and define all the details about the project. After that, they will provide hand-picked candidates you can personally interview and hire.
- Speed. The website claims to provide the right candidate in just 24 hours.
- Features both freelancers and small development studios.
- Preliminary project cost estimation.
Description: Gigster is an on-demand software development platform rather than a freelance marketplace.
How does it work? The platform has a pre-vetted network of more than 350 freelance professionals you can connect with. The project estimation and developer selection process is handled with the help of artificial intelligence.
- AI-assisted estimation and vetting process
- Each project is managed by an assigned Gigster PM
- Fixed price quote for end-to-end service